BECOME A STUDENT VOICE ADVOCATE
What is a SVA?
- A Student Voice Advocate (SVA) is an Aston student that represents the student voice on various Aston University panels.
- You assist in decision making processes, whilst remaining impartial through consulting evidence and other relevant materials provided to you.
- It is highly important as a SVA that the meeting and all information discussed remains confidential. Meaning, you cannot share any information about decisions made, personal information about the student, the case itself, etc.
- Please note that you cannot be the SVA for your college.
THE BENEFITS OF SVA
- Fun incentives (like free meals at the lounge)
- End of Year Certificate of Achievement
- Available to add on to your Higher Education Achievement Record (HEAR)
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Unique insight into University disciplinary procedures
- Chance to network with senior university staff
- Work closely with the Students’ Union
- Employability skills
GAIN EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS
- Critical thinking
- Objective thinking
- Positive challenging
- Time management
- Understanding the information