Club and Society Committee Data declaration
‘Student Data’ is shared between the Student Activities department and third parties such as Aston University departments, Aston University cohort and external organisations in conjunction with your Club and/or Society. Information shared with Aston University, who assist in the effective operation of the system is used to verify students applying for and taking up any of the voluntary roles within a Club and/or Society. This assists in confirming individuals are registered students and their information is correct and up-to-date.
A key aspect of being on a Club and/or Society Committee is that the Students’ Union, University and cohort are aware of who is in the relevant role(s). This enables these parties to contact the student in relation to their role. It is therefore understood that by taking up any of the Committee roles you are giving permission for:
- Your ‘Student Data’ to be shared between Aston University and Aston Students’ Union.
- Your name and contact details (University Email Only) to be communicated with your cohort or external organisations. This may include displaying these details via Aston Students’ Union website.
- Your name, uploaded photograph and any visual or written manifesto to be used in publicity and press releases regarding the recruitment and election of Club and Society committee roles.
- Your contact details to be used by the University and Students’ Union to contact you regarding any communications relating to your role, the Student Activities department or any other related communications or marketing.
- Any images resulting from photography and/or video filming taken whilst you are in the role to be used by the Students’ Union. This will include the Students’ Union attaining the full rights to the original, reproductions and adaptations of these images for publicity or other purposes. The use of these images may include, but is not limited to, social media, printed and online publicity, press releases and other Students’ Union activities, unless you explicitly request otherwise. All requests should be submitted to email@example.com.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these terms and conditions you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: that all data held by Aston University and Aston Students’ Union is handled in accordance with their respective Data Protection Policies and UK Data Protection Legislation.
Signing up to these terms and conditions
When you purchase your membership, you automatically sign up to these terms and conditions.