The Student Representation System (SRS) is operated in partnership between Aston University and Aston Students’ Union. The vision of this system is to ensure that the academic interests of students and researchers (now referred to as ‘Students’) at Aston are effectively represented.
‘Student Data’ is shared between both organisations to assist in the effective operation of the system. This data is used to verify students applying for and taking up any of the voluntary roles in the system (now referred to as ‘Student Rep role(s)’). This assists in confirming individuals are registered students and their information is correct and up-to-date.
A key aspect of the Student Rep role(s) is that the University, Students’ Union and cohort the roles represent are aware of who is in the relevant role(s). This enables these parties to contact the student in relation to their role. It is therefore understood that by taking up any of the Student Rep roles you are giving permission for:
- Your ‘Student Data’ to be shared between Aston University and Aston Students’ Union. This will include both organisations informing each other when you take up and leave any Student Rep role(s).
- Your name and contact details (University Email Only) to be communicated to the cohort the role represents. This may include displaying these details via Blackboard and/or the Aston Students’ Union website.
- Your name, uploaded photograph and any visual or written manifesto to be used in publicity and press releases regarding the recruitment and election of Student Rep role(s).
- Your contact details to be used by the University and Students’ Union to contact you regarding any communications relating to your role, the Student Representation System or any other Student Representation related communications or marketing.
- Any images resulting from photography and/or video filming taken whilst you are in the role to be used by the University and Students’ Union. This will include the Students’ Union attaining the full rights to the original, reproductions and adaptations of these images for publicity or other purposes. The use of these images may include, but is not limited to, social media, printed and online publicity, press releases and other Students’ Union activities, unless you explicitly request otherwise. All requests should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these terms and conditions you should contact email@example.com. Ideally this should be prior to you submitting your nomination for or taking up any Student Rep role(s).
PLEASE NOTE: that all data held by Aston University and Aston Students’ Union is handled in accordance with their respective Data Protection Policies and UK Data Protection Legislation.
Signing up to these terms and conditions
You would typically sign up to these terms and conditions at the point of nominating or taking up the Student Representative Role. Alternatively you can sign up using the sign up box below.