Committee FAQs

In this Section

Committee FAQ's

We've put together a list of our most frequently asked questions with answers to make being a committee member a little bit easier for you. If you can't find the answer to your question, don't hesitate to contact us!

In order to book a room you can fill out the room booking request form on the SU website. This can be found here.
Yes, all committee members will need to purchase a membership to their club or society. Without doing this you are not officially part of the group.
To gain admin permissions to your webpage you will need to purchase your membership and sign up to the Student Activities Terms & Conditions.
To have any external speakers at an event you will need to fill out an external speaker form. This must be completed and submitted at least 7 working days before your event is due to take place. You must wait to receive confirmation of approval before you go ahead with your event.
You can claim back valid expenses using the claim forms which can be found in the Student Activities office. You will need to provide a receipt from your purchase, and your claim form will need to be signed by the President or Treasurer of your club/society. You cannot sign the claim form for yourself if you hold one of these roles. Once completed you will need to leave the form with the SA office for approval, before taking it to the finance office to claim your reimbursement.
We have a range of Minibuses and MPV's available for hire by societies and sports clubs. All information regarding transport bookings and the Fleet vehicle orientation programme can be found in the SU Transport Fleet section under the Committee Resources section of the website.
Large events will need an Event Financial Plan to be completed. This should be submitted in the early stages of planning your event.
The Student Activities Team are here to help you with any issues you may have, and are in office between Monday and Friday 09:00-17:00. Pop along to discuss any queries or questions, or just to have a chat! If you cant make it in to the office, feel free to drop us an email at or give us a call at 0121 204 5026.
We actively encourage clubs and societies to seek sponsorship, however there is a procedure you must follow. It is important that you do not sign any sponsorship agreements yourself, as your group is not a separate legal entity. The Students’ Union must sign on your behalf, therefore you will need to submit your sponsorship agreement to us for approval.
Your society/club treasurer or chair can view your accounts by visiting the finance office on the third floor of the Students' Union building.
Yes! We allow our clubs and societies